Spanish has a variety in swearing and a flexibility that I miss in English
I mean yeah sure you can say ”fuck you asshole” to that driver who just cut you but isn’t that a bit lacking in spice when you can lower your window and shout I SHIT ON YOUR DEAD ANCESTORS YOU MALE GOAT SON OF A WHORE (me cago en tus muertos cabrón hijo de puta)
10/11 paralells: murder+genocide
Remember when genocide and killing were things that the Doctor frowned upon, and would only do with a heavy heart? Remember when the Doctor tried to talk the villains into doing the right thing? Remember when the doctor had morals?
£500 says that Moffat never watched The Doctor’s Daughter. Oh but wait, he did request that they re-write the ending for Jenny to come back to life, in order for him to do fuck all with the character. But in retrospect, that’s probably a good thing.
This!!!! This id why I do not like Eleven! Nine would get so fucking angry about genocide. Ten destroyed the career of a friend because she fired on aliens that had surrendered. But Eleven destroyed the Universe. For Amy. For someone we know hardly anything about.
And Jenny. She is probably the biggest mystery of the revamped series. Do people not realize there is a kind of Time Lord runnig around the Universe?! Where does she go? What does she do? Does she regenerate like a Time Lord? Does she keep the same form? What the fuck?!
And why does Moffat have so much trouble killing people?! He needs to sit down with George RR Martin for “writing quality women for mysoginists” and “how to kill a character in two easy steps.” (Hint:the steps are “kill the character” “leave them dead”)
THE SILENCE GENOCIDE IS SO AWFUL I’M STILL SCREAMING ABOUT IT. IT’S NOT EVEN PORTRAYED IN THE NARRATIVE AS NEGATIVE. IT’S BLOODY GENOCIDE. HE DECIDED TO KILL A WHOLE RACE AND PRESUMED THEY WERE ALL EVIL AND HE IS KILLING WHETHER THEY ARE CHILDREN BUT WHEN IT COMES TO GALLIFREY IT’S ALL ~THINK OF THE CHILDREN~
AND HE GETS THE HUMAN RACE TO COMMIT GENOCIDE. HE TAKES AWAY THEIR FREE WILL. ARE CHILDREN KILLING SILENCE? AM I?
What does this mean?
That, my friend, is exactly the question you have to ask.
It means that this is one of the best ways to pile up rocks and not have them fall down for a long time.
Kurt Vonnegut: 16 Rules For Writing Fiction
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things — reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
9. Find a subject you care aboutand which you in your heart feel others should care about.
10. Do not ramble.
11. Keep it simple. Simplicity of language is not only reputable, but perhaps even sacred.
12. Have guts to cut. Your rule might be this: If a sentence, no matter how excellent, does not illuminate your subject in some new and useful way, scratch it out.
13. Sound like yourself. The writing style which is most natural for you is bound to echo the speech you heard when a child.
14. Say what you mean. You should avoid Picasso-style or jazz-style writing, if you have something worth saying and wish to be understood.
15. Pity the readers. Our stylistic options as writers are neither numerous nor glamorous, since our readers are bound to be such imperfect artists.
16. You choose. The most meaningful aspect of our styles, which is what we choose to write about, is utterly unlimited.